Saturday, July 13, 2013

Raidho; Welcome to the Journeys of the Runes


Raidho is the rune for travel, the vehicle that facilitates the journey.  The Runes, the Elder Futhark, can act as the keys to lessons that can be found in the Otherworlds.  They can unlock the door and carry us to places that we will discover truth, guidance, wisdom and council.  They are gifts, earned by sacrifice. The All-Father hung upon the World Tree for nine days and nine nights and returned to the world with these magickal symbols.  I honor his sacrifice and his gift when I draw the runes. 

"All-Father grant to me, Runes of sight that I may see. Grandmothers sing, and spirits speak, wisdom from the well."

This is a place where I will share the journeys that I have taken using the Runes as keys and guides.  I am not an expert on the Elder Futhark and this is not an academic commentary on their history or on the many ways they can be used, in magick, in healing and in divination. This is one witch's  experience of the Runes in one area of practice.  I access the Runes in each of those ways.  I draw the Runes everyday.  They are a part of my daily life and practice. They are one of the ways that I receive guidance from the Gods and from the Ancestors and some of the most powerfully magickal and healing symbols I know.  Treat them with respect, use them with care.  Study them and honor them and they will improve your life and your magick.

If you are seeking a reliable, academically sound resource, I strongly recommend Diana L Paxon's "Taking up the Runes".  I have read every book on the Runes that I could get my hands on in the past few years, academic and metaphysic, and hers is the most comprehensive resource that I have found.

Welcome to the Journeys of the Runes. 

Blessed Be and Good Journeys.


No comments:

Post a Comment